by Paolo Inturri
Contributing Writer & Section Editor
Warning to all my Italian countrymen: this article may hurt your sensibilities as some ingredients were changed in order to adapt the recipe to Belgian supermarkets.
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 680 per serving
- Vegetarian: no
- Budget: €
- Level: easy
- Time: 20 minutes
- Spaghetti: 320 g
- Egg yolks: 6
- Salt: as much as you like
- Bacon cubes: 150 g
- Grated Parmigiano: 50 g
- Black Pepper: as much as you like
- Boil a pot of salted water. When the water boils dip pasta in the water and wait until the time indicated on the packet. Then, drain the pasta.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon cubes in a pan with medium fire until they are brown and crunchy.
- Put the yolks in a bowl, add 40 g of grated parmigiano and black pepper. Mix the ingredients with a whip and dilute with a spoonful of cooking water.
- Add bacon to the pasta and mix; then add the yolks and mix again.
- Put the pasta on a dish and add more grated parmigiano and black pepper on top.